Brief History


The college established in 1954 in Lucknow by the late Pt. Sri Narain Misra (Bappa Ji) It has spacious class rooms, well equipped laboratories and state of art seminar room and excellent space for indoor games. It has approximately 3500 students, over 75 faculties, administrative and supportive staff and multi disciplinary courses of study for boys and girls. Guided by an enlightened, supportive and dedicated Managing Committee the college has become a hallmark of education and exemplary discipline.

College has produced many scientists, Administrators, academician Scholars, who are serving in India & abroad. College has been awarded by U.G.C. Gandhian Studies Centre, Raja Ram Mohan Rai Studies Centre and have sponsored National Conference on Socio- Economic Inequality and exclusion with special reference to India. U.G.C., has also sponsored 3rd national seminar Application of Various Techniques in Fluid Dynamics.


The Gandhian Studies Centre (for 2 years) is functioning under directorship of Sri D.C. Misra. National Seminars were held on 12th March, 2012 and 18th March, 2012 in which delegates from all over the country participated.

Raja Ram Mohan Rai Studies Centre (for 2 years) is functioning under directorship of Dr. Shobha Bajpai & a National Seminars were held on 12th March 2012 in which delegates from Bengal & all over the country participated.

A major research project has also been Sanctioned by U.G.C. for 3 years under Dr. D.K. Srivastava.

Zoology Department in also carrying out research project on Gomti River Pollution under the Supervision of Dr. Sanjive Shukla. The college is continuously carrying out academic activities, Science Day & Annual Function in which college rewards Students who have achieved merit.

At B.S.N.V. the belief is in a holistic vision that never discounts the past, but at the same time embraces the future with unwavering (solid) confidence in the ability to shape and promote potentialities of student.